How many of you have a friend who can’t stop raving about their group exercise program? It’s more common today to see people walking around town in their workout gear, sporting a t-shirt that advertises a group fitness program. Group fitness is taking over the world of fitness, and there are some good reasons why.
Society is trending away from the large gym environment where you sign in, hit the treadmill by yourself, keep your headphones turned up high to avoid the lame music playing over the loudspeaker, clocking your time at the gym and then heading home. Working out has become an experience for some people. It’s an experience that they look forward to every day. It has changed their life. They are enthusiastic about it, and they want to share it with others. Group fitness allows you to do just that. Here are some of the benefits you will reap with a quality group fitness class.
- Social accountability: Exercising in a group exposes you to people with similar interests. Everyone is accomplishing or enduring the same thing in each class, so a camaraderie is built. You see the same faces every week and start to develop friendship and look forward to exercising together.
- Affordable cost: Group programs will cost less than personal training. Most classes have a qualified instructor to design the workout. The trainer does all the prep and you just have to show up!
- Variety of exercise styles to choose: Fitness classes are varied and many. Some focus on just one muscle area, others use a certain piece of equipment such as a Bosu or TRX. The variety allows you to choose a group that will keep you interested and will achieve the results you want.
- Flexible appointments: Most studios or gyms that house classes will have an operating schedule. You can purchase a class package and pick which times work best for you to attend. If you miss an appointment, you can find another class to suit your schedule.
- Frequent attendance: The key to results is frequency. With fitness classes, you can plan to exercise multiple times a week. Daily exercise is best for your heart, muscle development, and weight loss.
If you find yourself unmotivated in your current exercise routine, then finding a good group program may be the answer for you!