Transforming the “mom belly”
Gain abdominal strength for you and your baby. Accomplish abdominal activation, stabilization, and strength.
If you have just had a baby or had one years ago…this is for you!
It is possible to diminish recti separation, “bring in” the mom belly pouch, and diminish back pain.
This is a 3 month series where you will learn to feel your core again, hold your posture, and be strong enough to move and exercise without incurring injury postpartum. Attend all 3 for complete retraining of the core.
First series: Sept 28, Oct 5, 12, 19
- learn how to activate the transverse abdominals-the inner layer that holds your spine and posture
- release and stretch the pecs (chest) to diminish rounded shoulders
- learn proper positioning and function of the shoulder blades to improve posture, diminish back pain, and gain strength for carrying children
Second series: Oct 26, Nov 2, 9, 16
- learn how to stabilize the transverse abdominals while moving and carrying objects
- learn how to hold proper functioning of the shoulder blades while holding objects and during pulling movements (e.g. lifting children off the floor or carrying a child during an errand)
Third series: Nov 30, Dec 7, 14, 21
- progress into more advanced core bracing-planks and other movements require core bracing (e.g. child climbs on your back while you are bending down to tie your shoes)
- lift overhead with proper core and shoulder blade position
- lift heavier weights off the ground with proper core and shoulder blade positioning
- reach and pull objects to you with proper core bracing and shoulder blade positioning
Contact Julie if you are interested, then pay below.
Each series only $55.
Infants not yet walking are welcome with supervision of the mom.
Classes capped at 6 participants, so register now!
Fridays at 10:00 am – 10:30 am
No cancellations-the course is designed to build on each class. You will miss some progressions and material if a session is skipped.